craig_b

Back Loop, Front Loop, Barrel Roll A License

Thank you Dave!! And to all that chipped in!

Was out at Perris yesterday (Thursday) and on my first jump followed your advice and like a piece of cake I covered each one and loved every minute!!

Of course the Nationals are on there right now and it was also a great pleasure to ride to altitude on all 4 of my jumps with some of the greats in the sport. Oh..... my first experience of having a 16-way "chunk" out of an Otter!! Pilot did a great job but what a ride!! I was right after them and last out so I almost ran from the pilot area to the door, caught them in site, the DZ, 5 count for them and OUT!!

Thanks Again to Everyone!!!
BLUE SKIES!!!

Hey
But isn't climbing out and hanging off the strut REALL a HANGING exit, still...?
Can you DIVE off the strutt???
SOmehow, I can't picture THAT.
That is what I AM doing now, But gotta do the DIVING EXIT soon....!

Ya'all be safe up there and out there...
AND HAVE FUN!
Blues!- LiLa.

I "dove" out of a C182 for the first time today... :D left foot on step, left hand on strut, right hand on doorjam... dive head down with chest towards the relative wind.

It was fun getting out of such a "tiny" plane... I felt like a student again since there were two static-line progression students on the plane with the jumpmaster and myself and they kept going over spotting and such... I felt all n00byish... :P

Disclaimer: That was not advice or instruction, just my experience
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

I DID IT!

My coach talked me thru it before the jump. & I exited just like you discribed it too.

IT'S SUCH A VERY GOOD FEELING EXIT...Went well, but I didn't extend my arms straight out like a should've. I had kept 'em in a position more like the boxman thing. (Ya know?) But having my feet on my butt kept me from flipping around.

I really like that diving exit! Will need to do more of that to get it really good tho.

:)

Congratulations!!!! I'm so glad you got to do the diving exit and have that experience. Maybe someday I will be able to try it in a Cessna or other smaller A/C than the Otter.

I use that for almost all my exits and even used it yesterday (Sunday) for my A License Hop n' Pop.

Keep having fun, good jumps and Blue Skies!