garretcurtis

Starting a college skydiving club

My name is Garret Curtis- I am a junior at Metro State College in Denver Colorado. Starting as a packer moving my way up, I have worked in skydiving for most of my life. I made my first jump when I was 15 at the last World Free Fall Convention in Quincy, IL. Now almost seven years later I only have about 250 jumps. I suck at life what can I say. I am hoping to free up some time and get back into jumping more often.
I am in the process of starting a Metro State General Aviation/Skydiving Club. Here in the next few weeks we will hopefully be recognized by the school. We are aiming to team up with local drop zone Mile-Hi Skydiving Center and the City of Longmont to make our home base the Longmont Vance Brand Airport. We are working closely with a lot of companies to hopefully open great sponsorship opportunities. We are also always looking for new partnerships as well.
If you know of any please let me know. I am new to the college skydiving club thing. The closest I have come was being on student council in high school. I could use everyone’s help in brainstorming ideas for activities that would be a good time for our members along with attracting new ones. Thanks,

Garret Curtis
[email protected]

I actually have been using the website and it has turned out to be a pretty good guide for this adventure. I also spoke briefly with the Georgia Tech Skydiving Club crew. However what I am after (everyone’s help in brainstorming ideas for activities that would be a good time for our members along with attracting new ones) might be more of a personal thought- something that you cannot necessarily find in a how too or text book. Just people’s thoughts and opinions- maybe what events attracted you to skydiving?

hey, Colorado State University has a skydiving club affiliated with Mile Hi

here is the leaders email, I don't know him nor do I jump at all but I used him for a paper I had to do and he was very helpful.

I pmed the info to you good luck with the club, maybe get CU one too.
“The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires."-William Arthur Ward