JCW1966

Not another demo!

Yes there is another demo video floating around.

http://www.2020vertical.com/media/skydiving/oct2007/savannah_demo.wmv

Nothing fancy, no hook turns, etc...

Oh and no one busting their butt either, sorry.

And the bikers, some of which were vets, were told that the flag would touch the ground before the demo was made. No objections or concerns were expressed. Then again how do you keep a flag that is bigger than your canopy from touching the ground?

The gator at the end of the video was a last minute suprise guest with a front row seat from the pond next to the landing area.

Jumpers were as follows:

Smoke:
Danny Bryson & Tim Caudill(USMC Active)

Savannah Harley Davidson Banner:
Fast Eddie

The American Flag:
Burke Fitzpatrick

Looks like a job well done. :)
Been a while since I've seen Burke. We did CRW together a couple times way back at the first Harvest Moon boogie. :)
Another example of a good demo:
http://www.dropzone.com/videos/Miscellaneous/KoontzFlyInDemo_88.html

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I think your not being totally honest when you say that. I'll bet a buck that the guy who's actual landing is cut out at 1:25 landed on his ass. Had he been coming in with ballistic speed, it would at least been entertaining :)

/Martin

I think your not being totally honest when you say that. I'll bet a buck that the guy who's actual landing is cut out at 1:25 landed on his ass. Had he been coming in with ballistic speed, it would at least been entertaining :)

/Martin

Good point! Wat up wit dat edit? :ph34r: But hey, I'll give him props for finally posting a demo video on the internet without making his friends look bad. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

There is no butt busting in the video that you see:)

I just never said the video showed everything. Like the 2nd jumper actually put up a big splash. The part of the field he touched down in was low lying and about a 1ft under water from a ton of rain the day before. It's just not in the video.B|