travrois

Where to AFP in the winter?

I'm located in Chicago and I'm thinking of taking a road trip somewhere this winter, specifically Dec. 27 - Jan 2nd. I'm currently on AFP 6 and would like to continue my levels at a facility, preferably in a warmer climate. I'm finding that most dropzones in the south have only AFF instruction. Questions: Is there a comprehensive list of facilities that offer AFP instruction? If I were to go to an AFF facility, receive instructions there, what level would I be on and would it count towards my AFP course? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

I intend to continue my courses in the spring/summer of 2008 at my current dropzone (which closes early Dec. til March) but I'd like to get in some dives while on vacation somewhere else. What's the point of a vacation if you can't jump out of a plane somewhere? But I don't want to "waste" the money for a jump that won't count towards my license or at least teach me something new at my (admittedly low) level. And another tandem is completely out of the question.

Not sure if you are aware but a lot of the SDC crew will be down at Skydive Sebastian between Dec 26 and Jan 6th. You can continue your AFP there but please check with manifest and your instructors regarding this. I know Rook will be there but not sure if he will be able to complete your AFP - you can ask him though.

The STP program at Skydive Spaceland is very similar to the AFP program. Check out our website, give us a call or even drop me a PM for more information. I am sure we could help you complete your training and license during the time you are here.

DJ Marvin
AFF I/E, Coach/E, USPA/UPT Tandem I/E
http://www.theratingscenter.com