Jaker

Happy Christmas to me!

These forums have provided me hours and hours of entertainment in the two months since I did my Tandem jump, not to mention some encouragement and advice. Thanks everybody!

I decided to move forward with AFF, and I booked my first class for January 12th in Deland. It was a busy day out there, and I hung out on the patio and watched several loads come down before actually heading inside to make my reservation. It's kinda funny, but I was really nervous walking inside! lol Had a big perma-grin by the time i walked back out though! ;)

I would say I'm about exactly equal parts nervous and excited. If you'll permit an analogy...

I don't do roller coasters, but I imagine it to be like a tandem. It's scary and exciting, but all you really have to do is hold on and scream a lot. Now you have to steer the car, avoid the tracks that lead to the pit of doom, and somehow get the damn thing stopped.

All the same, I can't wait! :)

Welcome to the sport.. I hope you will like it. I remember when I did my AFF1. I didn't sleep the night before thinking about it. It was good time.. The coolest thing about it is that starting from your first jump, everything will get better.

Let us know how you do..

-Amer
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" Franklin

Crash huh? That seems like an ominous nickname for a skydiver! lol

The night before I did my tandem I was pretty nervous, but Ireally had no idea what to expect. It was the couple of weeks AFTER that I really couldn't sleep. I kept dreaming of falling through a blue sky. It would actually wake me from a dead sleep!