CoderHead

AFF Graduate Portability

I did my graduation jump from AFF and am now working on getting all of my cat E2 - H skills done. I'm allowed to jump with a coach or solo (my AFF instructor signed me off student status), but I'm wondering if that's only at my home dropzone or if that's portable to any dropzone. Can you guys shed some light on this for me?

I'd like to be able to continue to jump even if I move, so long as I find a good USPA dropzone wherever I end up (I'll definitely be checking the listings on here before I move). Thanks for your help!
He who laughs last didn't get the joke.
Freefall Express

As long as your log book says you've been cleared for solo status, you should be able to do solos at any dropzone you wish. Just make sure your log book is signed off, and you're card is up to date. A lot of DZs don't like it if you arrive with an out of date A license card.
Skydiving: You either learn from other's mistakes, or they'll learn from yours.

Thanks, that's kind of what I thought but didn't want to make assumptions. My logbook is signed off by an AFFI (thank you, Mike!!) and my A license card is up-to-date. I plan on keeping it that way.

I'm so stoked! :D

He who laughs last didn't get the joke.
Freefall Express

Thanks, that's kind of what I thought but didn't want to make assumptions. My logbook is signed off by an AFFI (thank you, Mike!!) and my A license card is up-to-date. I plan on keeping it that way.

I'm so stoked! :D

I would recommend calling the dropzone you're planning on jumping at and asking them. While in my personal experience it's been very portable, I have friends who have gone to other DZ's after completing AFF and been told the had to go through the new DZ's entire coaching program. Chances are you won't have any problems at all, but if nothing else it's nice to let them know you're coming.