Beachbum

Cures for bootie loss??

I seem to lose a bootie during a jump fairly regularly (not always the same one). I don't know for sure at what point they come off (suspect it varies). I've kept the shoes that I used when measured for the suit and still jump in them (nice worn bottom so they don't catch if I need to slide!!). So .... looking for ways to help prevent this ... what do y'all do ... suggestions?
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

I was having that problem with one of my booties. I happened to be at ZHills at the time, so I had Sally Hathaway sew an elastic band on the bottom, behind the bootie. No problems since.

Edit to add photo.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Learn to fly with one on and one off - it will certainly happen to you at some time on an important jump (like at nationals, or on a world record big-way attempt).

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Learn to fly with one on and one off - it will certainly happen to you at some time on an important jump (like at nationals, or on a world record big-way attempt).

It is fun - especially when tracking!:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Sing with me!

You put your left leg in; you put your right leg out...etc...etc...you shake it all about :D
A VERY MERRY UNBIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
D.S # 125

I seem to lose a bootie during a jump fairly regularly (not always the same one). I don't know for sure at what point they come off (suspect it varies). I've kept the shoes that I used when measured for the suit and still jump in them (nice worn bottom so they don't catch if I need to slide!!). So .... how can duct tape help me?

You just need to ask the right question. :P

Thanks ... will get some and get it sewn on.

As for other replies ...
Yes, tracking is where I usually first figure out something may have gone amiss. I can track straight without problem usually, so when I notice I'm having a problem staying on heading my suspicions are aroused, and sure enough once I am under canopy and look down, one is off. I don't have to worry about nationals, etc. unless I can find a doc who can figure out my ear problem and fix it - hard to get that much experience at my jump rate ... LOL!!!

Duct tape??? ... you mean DING tape (you ARE talking to an old surfer!!). Usually part of a roll living in my vehicle, but I didn't really want to get my booties all gummy.
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?