f1racer696

driving across the US

hey guys, so my friend and i are planning on driving from california to montreal canada to visit some family and we wanted to stop at a couple DZ's along the way.

i have heard a lot of DZ's have like showers and stuff and many times people just crash in one of the hangers for a night. what do you guys think? would this be something worth doing to keep down on hotel costs if we are gonna be jumping and stuff? and is it pretty common to stay at a drop zone for a night? or do people not really like it?

any feedback would be awsome. Thanks

oh dude DUde DUDE BRO DUDE. omg DUDE! ummmmm. i forgot....

Dudeist Skydiver #61

how much are the bunks? It would be nice to stop somewhere on my long drives back to houston for a night and a few jumps.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

i did a 2month x-country trip and didnt pay for lodging anywhere. i stayed at a number of DZ's, slept in the hangars, the planes, the camping grass, everything. all i would do is call up while i was driving and ask them if i could setup tent/sleep in the bunkhouse, more of a formality than anything. just so they know who is staying there. if you want you can PM me for any questions, i just did this :P
JewBag.
www.jewbag.wordpress.com

The bunks are free at SD Dallas. Bring a pillow and covers and thats all you need! You just need to reseve a bunk when you get there by putting your sleeping stuff on the bed you want to reserve. But do it when you get there so they dont fill up. If you come on a friday they are almost never full. Even on most sat. i dont think they fill up most of the time. You can also stay in another room that is down by the packing area that has a couch and bean bags. Or you can sleep in the hanger. If you have any more questions just pm me. Also if you come on a friday let me know ahead of time and I will try and be there. First jumps on me for your service to our country!
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

The bunks are free at SD Dallas. Bring a pillow and covers and thats all you need! You just need to reseve a bunk when you get there by putting your sleeping stuff on the bed you want to reserve. But do it when you get there so they dont fill up. If you come on a friday they are almost never full. Even on most sat. i dont think they fill up most of the time. You can also stay in another room that is down by the packing area that has a couch and bean bags. Or you can sleep in the hanger. If you have any more questions just pm me. Also if you come on a friday let me know ahead of time and I will try and be there. First jumps on me for your service to our country!

Yeah, I think I will come down through that way when I go home on leave, Ill let you know.

What kinda aircrafts yall got out there?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Caravan and otter. Caravan flys with only 5 up jumpersB|. On most fridays the caravan flys all day. If needed they bring the otter out. On the weekends they fly the caravan and otter as needed with at least 2 pilots on hand! Let me know if you come out. I can make it on some weekends just prefer fridays cause the vibe is even better!

Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

awsome thanks for the feedback, i dont think ill be able to make it out to dallas on my way to montreal, its kind of out of the way a little bit, but ill definatley look into other places and see what goin on.

oh dude DUde DUDE BRO DUDE. omg DUDE! ummmmm. i forgot....

Dudeist Skydiver #61