GaryRay

argus contact info...

im trying to get the contact of the argus people, and if they are on here awesome. i am stating an issue i had not as a argument to be had but incase someone else had the same issue.

issue: went out to the DZ one weekend and attempted to turn it on, i pressed the button and it wouldnt turn out, i tried for 3 days strait and when i was about to go to my rigger a week later i tried it before i headed out, it turned on then.
JewBag.
www.jewbag.wordpress.com

company http://www.argus-aad.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5&Itemid=26

The problem that I had with the Argus is that they drain batteries pretty fast. Expect to change them about once a year depending on how much you jump. Your problem MAY have been a dying battery.

Batteries can be bought in any store, they use regular CR123A

yeah i was supsecting the batteries but i just changed them in may, and when i went to their website i checked under "contact us" and the page was empty, i was hoping to find an email, i live in california and dont feel like spending the extra cash on a long distance call, i'll do it from the DZ :).

i was with Bill Von and his wife when my batteries died the first time right out of the package, im really hoping its not b/c 2months is really bad of a battery life.
JewBag.
www.jewbag.wordpress.com

yeah i was supsecting the batteries but i just changed them in may, and when i went to their website i checked under "contact us" and the page was empty, i was hoping to find an email, i live in california and dont feel like spending the extra cash on a long distance call, i'll do it from the DZ :).

i was with Bill Von and his wife when my batteries died the first time right out of the package, im really hoping its not b/c 2months is really bad of a battery life.

Hey, Gary -

So am I to understand you hit the button, but the screen never actually lit up? (Only reason I ask is that some people have issues with the chasing sequence on an Argus - I find it best to hold the button down until it flashes, then let go and re-press. But it sounds like yours isn't this sort of issue, seeing as how you've had it for a while & presumably know how to turn it on by now.) ;)

I had an issue with my Argus when I first got it, that it was going through batteries like water through a dog. Kept going dead - I put in new batteries one weekend, and by the next weekend it wouldn't come on. I contacted them about it & they had one of their reps come look at it, then quickly sent me out a new one when the rep declared it defective.

While I wasn't too happy with the issue, I was definitely happy with the way they handled it, FWIW.
Signatures are the new black.

thank you dobbler, yeah, i have no problems turning it off and on :). or amazingly enough setting the time and date :). i sent out an email and im hoping i get some good results, im glad to hear about your customer service.
JewBag.
www.jewbag.wordpress.com

im trying to get the contact of the argus people, and if they are on here awesome. i am stating an issue i had not as a argument to be had but incase someone else had the same issue.

issue: went out to the DZ one weekend and attempted to turn it on, i pressed the button and it wouldnt turn out, i tried for 3 days strait and when i was about to go to my rigger a week later i tried it before i headed out, it turned on then.

As far as I know, Argus is still at Skydive Taft...

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3519329;search_string=Argus;#3519329

... :D

But seriously, I'd change those batteries if you haven't already.