kallend

Highest landing

'The previous world record landing was also in the shadow of Mount Everest at a drop zone at 12,350 feet (3,764 meters) made last year, the first year Nepal allowed skydiving in the high mountains.'

So does that mean that actually, I held the world record before this jump, by speedriding Mt Elbert, the tallest peak in the rockies at 14,443 ft last year and doing touch and goes above 14K? Or maybe I held the record for when I landed my BASE rig at 13,000ft after going off a cliff? Hell, my avatar is even of me flying and landing at 12,900ft, also last season on a 129 sq ft elliptical. I think that article is a bit contrived as I'm pretty some very tall mountains have been groundlaunched on skis and foot(Aconcogua to name one by Francois Bon). The highest skydive to parachute landing, sure, Ill give you that because that's probably documented; but the article states highest parachute landing ever, which was not true for the previous record, and I have my suspicions about this one as well given the amount of high alpine ground launching/BASE jumping going on in the Alps, and now in America as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be a killjoy, its still a cool jump that they did, and props to them, but world record claiming using those specific words for it is far fetched.