gusto77

cutaway?

I think you should owe a case of beer when your number of posts on DZ.com is greater than the number of jumps you have done!

Since I don't jump anymore, I don't owe shit. B|

Sparky

Edit to add: Anyone with a 5 digit D number should buy beer every weekend. :)
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Did you cutaway? Yes? No?

No, you didn't. You will owe beer when you have a cutaway and not just a reserve ride.;)

I disagree. The man pulled his cutaway handle - thus eliminating ANY option of using his main if things went to shit with his reserve - which I have SEEN happen (1978 Nationals Boogie at Richmond, IN - she lived).

Nothing says the cutaway has to release a deployed main from over your head. Whatever else may have happened, you've decided to disconnect your main and take it out of play. PERIOD.

I don't know what military training has to say about cutaway procedures in the event of a total mal. But you had a total, did as you were trained, and lived to tell the tale. GOOD FOR YOU !!

In the civilian world there are two schools of thought. Personally, I'd have gone straight to my reserve, especially as there was no main deployment at all (I throw a hand deploy p/c, you'd be pulling a ripcord). But if your training told you to cutaway, you did the right thing, and YES, it was definitely a cutaway.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

don't know what military training has to say about cutaway procedures in the event of a total mal. But you had a total, did as you were trained, and lived to tell the tale. GOOD FOR YOU !!

So you won't be in the dark Tom.:P

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals