point_code

spiral turns

I stabbed down one toggle on a PD-210 9-cell loaded at about .8:1 and got the risers to touch. It would have induced a twist if I hadn't backed off. I was at about 500 feet and it got my blood pressure up. It was very nearly a serious screw-up on my part, I didn't think that big boat would do that, and 500 feet isn't the ideal place to discover it. Be careful.

I stabbed down one toggle on a PD-210 9-cell loaded at about .8:1 and got the risers to touch. It would have induced a twist if I hadn't backed off. I was at about 500 feet and it got my blood pressure up. It was very nearly a serious screw-up on my part, I didn't think that big boat would do that, and 500 feet isn't the ideal place to discover it. Be careful.

I'd say so.

I do all my playing up high. I open at 5K just so I have more play time. When I do a spiral, I start pulling slowly then speed up as the toggle gets futher down.

I experiemented a little bit with sharp inputs to the toggles, as Brian Germain calls them, and found that the canopy reacts in an abrupt and unpredictable manner to quick jerks on toggles.

Cheers

Depending upon the canopy model, length of steering lines, suspended weight, etc. it may be possible to pull a steering toggle so far down that it stalls one side of the canopy. Then one side of the canopy is going backwards ... an unstable move best performed above 2,000 feet.

ok, I got to give it a try this weekend, and it was alot of fun. I downsized from a 300 to a fury 260 because the 300 was being used. the smaller canopy was quite different, and responede much faster. I sure love this sport! Thanks for all your helpful comments.

..............I wonder what it's like to freefall?