Pele2048

Bachelor party jump!

Buddy of mine is getting married and I'm the best man...

He's never jumped before but has expressed interest, especially after the pictures of my first jump went up on FaceBook...

My original idea was to get him a tandem jump... Kinda symbolic, as he's also jumping into something a few days afterward...

Unfortunately, this is met with some criticism from the rest of the groom's party.

1.) Not everyone digs the idea of getting pushed out of a plane at 13,000 ft...
2.) Most of us will have already paid airfare from Washington to Washington... D.C. to Seattle that is... Plus a week's worth of hotel stay. car rental, and other vacation needs... Plus having suits tailored and other typical wedding preparations... The bank accounts will not be pleased...

So I revised my plans... Vertical wind tunnel would bring the cost down significantly and many more were willing to participate.

Unfortunately, I can't find a single wind tunnel within Washington State, Oregon, Idaho... And the only one in British Columbia, Canada, doesn't appear to be in operation any more...

Any other suggestions?

Tell the bachelor to pitch in?
Roofie everybody, rent a truck, and haul them to the dropzone?

I've seen a bunch of bachelor and bachelorette parties at the DZ. Not everyone has to jump, just the bachelor and anyone else interested. Plan the jump towards the end of the day, and proceed directly to the strip club afterwards.

On a serious note, be aware that anyone suspected of, of smelling of, drinking or drugs may not be permitted to jump. Be sure to keep the bachelor sober until after the jump, or he may be turned away. Of course, bring booze with you and have it ready in the landing area as soon as he touches down.

Also some airports have a no open container policy on them during daylight hours so make sure that you discuss that with the DZ if you are taking the party with you.

The closest Wind Tunnel is in NorCal so unless you are up for a major road trip that's really not an option.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com