jvair

ckeck your toggles

i was making a jump last weekend on my alpha117 and after opening i went to unstow my brakes when i noticed my left toggle was balled up, so i unstowed the brakes and brought them in front of my face so i could see what was wrong and the toggle came off leaving my brake line trailing behined me.
luckly the canopy was flying straight, and ive ben practicing rear riser landings up high so it all worked out ok,just bruised my elbows alittle (its very easy to stall with rear risers):)after landing i thought the brake line was routed wrong through the toggle, over the top rather than under the bottom. but after watching my video i noticed the line worked itself off the bottom. when i packed it before the jump there must have ben some slack on the brake line through the toggle gromet.

so check your gear every jump, and it doesnt hurt to practice rear risers up high, just in case. it might save you one day.