spootch

Superior skydive smoke ignitor

The wires pulled out of the bottom and the cardboard sheath is gone exposing the 2 cords. Anyone here know how the guts work in one, and how I can fix the problem?

I'm not quite understanding the situation. So the 2-wire pull tab is missing and there are two cords now showing? Its the ignitor stem there and in good condition?

If it is just the sheath missing, I would not worry much about it.
If you're not living on the edge; you're taking up too much room!

The wires pulled out of the bottom and the cardboard sheath is gone exposing the 2 cords. Anyone here know how the guts work in one, and how I can fix the problem?

It's a friction match, pulling the wire is like striking a match inside the unit, unless it's an electrically fired one, which I haven't seen in YEARS.

On the friction match type~
If someone pulled the 'ring' attached to the wire either too fast or too slow or and moisture got into the thing...toss it, it's junk.

When using those fresh from the box, pull the ring in a smooth continuous, firm but not fast motion.
Pulling it in a 'jerk' like an M-18 won't work and that's likely what happened with yours.

Have to keep those in a cool dry place during storage, even short exposure to humidity can render them useless...it's why Para-Gear and other dealers don't offer any kind of guarantee on them.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

here it is (poor picture)
it only has one wire going into it (missing) to ignite it. there was a cardboard caseing covering the 2 cords sticking out. One cord is black and one cord is green.
Someone was monkeying with it (God knows who you are , and has a place for you>:() and pulled out the wire. Looks like they then peeled open the cardboard tube to try to fix it. question is can I get it too work without too much fuss?

here it is (poor picture)
it only has one wire going into it (missing) to ignite it. there was a cardboard caseing covering the 2 cords sticking out. One cord is black and one cord is green.
Someone was monkeying with it (God knows who you are , and has a place for you>:() and pulled out the wire. Looks like they then peeled open the cardboard tube to try to fix it. question is can I get it too work without too much fuss?

I would personally toss it. It doesn't look like it can be safely ignited.
If you're not living on the edge; you're taking up too much room!