DarkDesigner

What to do during single jumps

-Stable Exit skills
(Prepare for emergency exits at low altitudes. You should be able to exit an aircraft with immediate stability for a 1-second deployment delay)

-Freefall skills
(Lots of good stuff already provided above for you)

-Canopy skills.
Talk to an instructor first, though.

Discover your toggle stall point.
(Does your canopy stall with full brakes applied?)

Rear riser turns, flares and stalls.
(Discover where your stall point is using your rear risers).

Full turns, Half turns, Braked turns, Flare turns.
(Do one of each in the same direction to get a feel for how your canopy reacts to each)

Braked flight.
(Half-braked flying and turning. Full braked flying and turning - assuming that your canopy is set up so that it won't stall in full brakes)

Staged Flares for landing

-Always know the location of, and route to, the nearest beer store.

Hoping that helps
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Thanks for the great advice so far!
Got an question tough, I hope to make my jumps at empuria, with my first own brand new canopy (NRG 180), how many jumps on that thing do you guys recommend to start with my FS instruction jumps? I was planning on making 2 high pull jumps, play with the canopy, and the day after those 2 jumps, to start with my instruction jumps. What do you guys think?

Empuria actually is a rather difficult dropzone and quite a difference from Seppe in terms of people in the sky, size of dropzone, obstacles, turbulence, difficult spots. (You are from Seppe, right? Ever jumped at Texel, Teuge or Rotterdam? At least they have the comparably big planes, with the crowd in the sky and the sucky spot, but their dropzones are still a lot more big and open than Empuria's.)

My conservative advice would be to do some canopy coaching jumps first and doing the FS instruction later.

What did your own instructors tell you to take into account when going to Empuria? You did discuss this with them, right? They're a wealth of information; use it.

And have fun! :)

Johan.
I am. I think.

Above all else, don't lose sight of the basics: Jumping out of airplanes is fun. Don't think you have to be "working on something" every time. It's a blast just stepping out that door, watching the plane fall up & the ground get big. Enjoy every brief second of this unique sport.

Cheers,
Jon S.

Yes I'm from Seppe;). I'm also familiair at Empuria, because I did my AFF there;) I also discussed the topic of the canopy with my instructors, and they told me that I just had to make some jumps, open high, and get used to the charestics of the canopy.

And above me: ofcourse I'm enjoying every single minute of the sport! It is something I always wanted to do, but neverd realised I would get this enthousiastic about it!! ;)