ssAir

Any Opinions on NorCal Skydiving in Cloverdale, CA or Skydive Hollister??

Hi,
I am a first time skydiver and am looking for opinions on where to go tandem skydiving. I'm planning a trip for mid-September and have received recommendations for a couple places.
Really, I'm just looking for a place that's safe, has a ton of experience, a great track record, and a good reputation for successful jumps.

Does anyone have any experience with or thoughts on these 2 places:

1) NorCal Skydiving in Cloverdale, CA
http://www.norcalskydiving.com/

2) Skydive Hollister
http://1800funjump.com/

Any thoughts would be very very much appreciated!!
Thanks!!

Any of the 7 dropzones within the distance you are contemplating are fine. Really. Some will take you higher, some will use smaller aircraft, some have better views, some will charge less, some may/may not have a more relaxed atmosphere, some may need an appointment, some will have cleaner restrooms. All will be okay.

Then you may also want to look at Bay Area Skydiving (bayareaskydiving.com) and Skydance Skydiving (www.skydanceskydiving.com) , both of which are closer, or contact the user bodypilot1 on this site, who teaches at The Parachute Center in Lodi (a bit farther out).

Any recommendations you're likely to get are going to be from people who will tell you "my DZ is the bestest!" Why not read the reviews (http://www.dropzone.com/dropzone/North_America/United_States/California/index.html ) on here, as well as calling up the DZs and talking to them about their student programs. Pick a couple that you get a better "vibe" from and go visit them ... see which one feels right. All of the DZs in the area have their own character ... you may find one fits you better.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

As others have said, there are quite a few drop zones in the greater bay area. If you are looking for the best view, I would put Monterey on your list, the view of the Monterey bay is excellent. They also go to 15,000 and 18,000ft. Most DZs will charge you $180-200 for the jump, video and pictures are extra. If you would like to save some money, Lodi is only $100 for a tandem. I would not worry too much about safety, all the drop zones are safe and if one of them had a reputation for dangerous operations, the skydiving community would know about it.
Have fun on your jump, you are going to have a great time! Don't forget to have a little food in your stomach, not eating anything actually makes you feel worse.

I used to live in Cloverdale. But I didn't get the bug to jump again until after I moved to Texas. So I've never jumped there. Anyway...
Cloverdale has spectacular scenery. It's wine country ya know. You could make a great tandem with all the best scenery then go on a wine tour!

I do know they only run a Cessna up there and I believe 10,000 is their ceiling. But call to be sure.

I'm located in San Francisco, so I can easily go in either direction. I'm just looking for the safest, most reputable place.

I live in SF also (Mission area) and I jump at SkyDance (near Davis) most and Hollister second-most often. Both are about 1.5 hours away, both are good DZs.