beam

A Licence in Thailand

Hey everyone,

I'm new here so please excuse me if I ask a stupid question or even a question that has already been asked before.

It's been my dream to skydive since I was about 14 years old. I'm now 26 and I have the money to do it. However, having the money doesn't mean I won't shop around for the best price as I'm sure you'll all agree!

Anyway, I've never dived before and I'm going to start. So I've been doing some very basic reading up on the subject and it seems like getting my A Licence is the right thing to do. It seems a little more expensive here than elsewhere though (I live in Thailand). The price is around 4,154.89 US dollars.

What do you all think about this? What would you advise?

Thank you for your time!

haha I kind of suspected that!

How much should I be looking at paying? I have lots of friends in Australia which means I could stay for free, plus it's not far from Thailand.

Is the A Licence the best route to take for a newbie?

Again, your help is greatly appreciated!

haha I kind of suspected that!

How much should I be looking at paying? I have lots of friends in Australia which means I could stay for free, plus it's not far from Thailand.

Is the A Licence the best route to take for a newbie?

Again, your help is greatly appreciated!

Not sure what you'd pay in Oz, but you can google some Aussie DZ's and find that out. A licence is is the only route,,,,It goes A, B, C, D, etc as you gain experience.

And tell the Thai guys that they've been sprung.....
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

Price should be the very last of your considerations when looking for an AFF course. You are risking your life every time you jump out of a plane so finding a good school that can give you thorough training that will stay with you throughout your career is much more important than saving a few dollars in the short term.
Look at forums and dropzone reviews on this website and ask around about the dropzones you are considering. Get in touch with students and jumpers at those dropzones if you can and find out as much as you can about the dropzone - is it a tandem factory where the instructors will have no time to teach you properly? Are the weather conditions suitable for students? What is the landing area (and surrrounds!) like?
There is a good jumping scene in Thailand with a few dropzones so you shouldn't need to travel to get licensed, but you will need to look out for yourself in this game and research this very carefully. Don't believe the hype!
Good luck to you and welcome to the sky!

I was looking at that company, but its prices are more than double what they are abroad. So I'm going to do it in Australia or South Africa. Thanks for the info anyway! When I have my licence, I will be jumping with Thai Sky Diving Adventures near Pattaya!

hey mate i'm currently doing my license at the tooradin DZ which isabout an hour out of melbourne. The total cost for me (assuming i don't fail any) is $1735 for the static line method with a total of 17 jumps (first 5 static line) and the AFF method was 2200-2300 cant remember exactly. if you can stay for free it would work out cheaper to do it here i just brought return tickets to phuket for april and they were just under $1000 so you would save there but the cost of living is a fair bit higher here, at least you would get a holiday out of it though