FlySky7

1 Tandem...time for AFF!!

Good evening everyone,

My name is Rick. I had been browsing as a guest until I decided to really take up this sport. Therefore, I went ahead and signed up. The information, advice, friendliness is beyond many of the forums I have visited. I want to thank the moderators and all of the board members for a great place which made me feel comfortable even before becoming a member.

A little bit about me.... I went ahead and completely my first tandem jump at SkyDive Space Center. I had a wonderful experience, my video came out wonderful, and the staff was extremely nice. Now, I am stuck in a mind battle. I live down in Homestead, FL near Sky Dive Miami. My issue is: should I go ahead and complete my AFF at SkyDive Miami even though they are more money than Space Center considering travel expenses that will be incurred traveling to SC. I would be making a three to four day trip out of this in an effort to knock out AFF in a few days. Or do you all recommend another location?

I would like to received as many opinions as possible. By no means, am I trying to knock any DZ but I am trying to find the best place for this as well read the opinion of those whom have been there first hand. My apologies in advance, I mean no trouble with anyone. I am just a student, looking for the best place to attain my AFF training at the cheapest price but with the best service and training ;)

Thank you all for your time. It is greatly appreciated.

Also, does any recommend me purchasing my own altimeter, helmet, or anything else that may be needed?

God Bless,

Rick

Buy your own goggles early, nothing fancy but comfy and unscratched.

An altimeter is usually one of the next purchases. I'm a big fan of these, in fact, I have several: http://forum.altimaster.com/content.php?167-Galaxy-Product-Page It's all mechanical, not as expensive as the electronic altimeters and will last a lifetime with a little bit of care.

Lots of helmets available in many styles. I'd wait until you finish AFF and make a few more jumps before you decide on that.

looking for the best place to attain my AFF training at the cheapest price but with the best service and training

Near you I can highly recommend Skydive City in Zephyrhills from personal experience, and Skydive Miami Homestead via word of mouth.

If you want to do a concentrated course with accommodations included come see me! http://www.skydivespaceland.com/learn-to-skydive/a-license-in-a-week/
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Thank you both for your information. It is greatly appreciated. I have contemplated purchasing two altimeters due to being on the safe side and taking precaution. I do not know how that would go as a student considering there are many things to worry about.

Yes, I have considered both Miami and Zephyr hills. Miami is rather expensive when compared to the other drop zones and I rather take a drive some where else. The benefit of being near the house is the time and money considering the fact that I will be hoping for good weather.

i would definitely travel else where to get this done. i am very interested in your services. Please send me a PM with further information. For some reason, I am unable to send a PM. Thank you

Do you know if DZs price match considering they are about $400 more expensive than the next DZ? That would be great.

Thank you both for your time. It is greatly appreciated.