Shredex

Tracking - Vertical Speed

Jeff, Greg, Sally, ect. I have countless helpful people on the DZ for questions, which I get all of them answered. And is also why I stopped asking so many on here.

This is just one of those that I forgot to ask while there...and doubt any of them would remember what their numbers are. So figured I'd ask here!

Any good trackers out there that can share their vertical speed during a good track? (Altitrack/FlySight)

In a regular jump suit... And maybe with a tracking suit as comparison.

I would not claim to be a good tracker. These two jumps were RW jumps with a slightly extended track at the end.

http://pyrodan.privatedata.com/skydive/tracking/tracking-data-sept-22.pdf
Suit details in PDF file.

This second set, I was wearing some modified windbreaker pants and either a short sleeve shirt or an slower RW suit underneath (on top)

http://pyrodan.privatedata.com/skydive/tracking/tracking-data-sept-1-3.pdf

On this second set I had earphones on for the Flysight, set in Glide Ratio mode.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

I am 6'1", 165 lb.

The Flysight is interesting to play with. You can't count too much on the horz speed because you normally don't have all of the details on the upper winds related to the jump.

if the jump run is into or with the wind, you can track 90 degrees to it and the wind is not too much of a factor, but you can get too far out if you are not careful.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”