Sik

Finally jumping again, going all out this time!

So I did 2 IAD jumps about 2 years ago and didn't keep at it because all of my other hobbies didn't leave extra funds and I was a bit iffy due to the risk and having a wife and two little kids.

After two years of always thinking about it and constantly watching vids and lurking the forums I couldn't take it anymore. I've accepted the risk, quit my hobbies, sold my project car and atv and ready to commit 100%

Going to a new DZ tomorrow and can't wait to get in some more jumps, sorry just had to share lol!

Personally I feel like the drive to the airport is less safe than jumping out of an airplane! Especially if you make that drive on a motorcycle!

It is a rather expensive sport though. Is your wife OK with it? I know more than one skydiver who's broken off a relationship after the "We need to talk -- it's me or the skydiving!" talk. By women who vastly underestimated his love of skydiving, apparently.

If you have health and life insurance, make sure they'll cover a "Killed in a skydiving accident" eventuality, or consider supplementary insurance to make sure that if the worst happens, you don't leave your family hanging. No one wants that to happen, but if you have such responsibilities in your life you still have to have a plan for if it does.

All that being said, good luck on your jumps! They should be awesome!
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?