5kyd1vergav

Job for 2013 Season

Hey guys and gals,

I know I should be posting in the classifieds but there were a good few scams floating around in the last few months so I decided to come here.

I know its very late in the year to be seeking a job for this Summer but if you don't ask you don't recieve!

I'm 22 and finishing my university degree this year. I want to work as an inexperienced packer on a busy DZ with a good reputation. I have experience as groundcrew at a major European dropzone.

I am not here looking for jobs directly, but I would really appreciate if you could help a brother out and send me a line if you know of any DZs that currently have vacancies for inexperienced packers or are willing to employ a trainee packer. That way I can focus my applications on DZs that are currently hiring.

I know it is very late in the year to be seeking a DZ to work for for the upcoming season and I have no expectations, but any help would be deeply appreciated.

I am living in Ireland but willing to travel worldwide so all ideas are welcome :)
Thanks for reading folks.
Peace,

Gav.

Hey, i'm not sure if you'd like that idea but try Australia. I came here on my working holiday visa and was an inexperienced packer when i arriced here. But very quickly found a very nice job where i did my packer b license. Rather easy finding a packer job here, many many dzs for the tourists ;-) hope that helped blue skies

Yo Doc,

I'm willing to go to any part of the globe! I was cruising the "dropzones" pages a lot but it is very hard to get an idea of how busy the DZs are, how well they are run, amount of staff etc.. And the websites don't really provide much info apart from first time jumper details!

If you have any recommendations of DZs in Oz I would be grateful.

Oz would be a dream!

Thanks for the feedback Doc !!

Hey, np. Actually all DZs here are quite busy, especially tandem packing is really a big thing here. Just try all the DZs along the east coast, that is where most tourists go, and if you get a job there you can be sure that you'll never have any spare time left :-) also surroundings of melbourne is very nice area to work, that's where i am working. Here u can see the Australian parachute federation homepage:

http://www.apf.asn.au/

You can find jobs there under Members/Industry Vacations or there is also a DZ locator where you can find all the DZs and contact information. Just send them your resume and you'll see, it's all gonna work out. :)
Blue Skies my friend