johnsw71

Question on "Breakaway" the video

Hi all,
Greetings from a Californian newbie. I was reading in one of the threads here that "Breakaway!" is a good watch, especially for newcomers. I've found it available on several websites, but all of them seem to be in VHS format only. Does anybody know if it exists in DVD format? Thanks! ;)

John
[email protected]
San Francisco, CA

It does, but I have only found it in DVD as part of "Skydiving Survival Series"... I think I got my copy from paragear.com. other stuff on there includes canopy control and packing videos and some interviews with some of the "names" in the industry, mainly on safety issues.
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Worth watching, but you don't necessarily have to own one. There's a copy at my DZ that I watched when I was a student and I could borrow that to watch if I wanted to see it again. You might contact your DZ/school to see if that's an option.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I own a copy of that video and I think it is a good purchase. I have referred back to it from time to time. However, $60 is a bit much. If the rest of the series is good then it may be worth it.

Another option would be to purchase the VHS version and have someone put it on DVD format for you.

I saw the series, but questioned whether it was worth the 60 bucks. I didn't see that they were all in DVD format, though. Thanks. Do you think it's woth it?

Hmmm... not sure. Breakaway and Fly like a Pro are worth watching a number of times for newbies, Ground Rush once or twice. The packing ones will lose their usefulness after you've learnt to pack. But I didn't have the option of borrowing one, maybe you can check out as NWFlyer suggests and see if you can do that. (Or maybe you can get your DZ to buy it ;))
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.