Avikus

USPA International Liability

Before I begin, I try doing a search on the subject and didn't find anything so sorry if this was mentioned before.

Hey Guys,

This weekend someone was comparing CSPA and USPA. The biggest difference came to liability. It was mention that a USPA member who is a resident of Canada and only jump on Canadian Soil (or other country outside of the US) were not covert by the USPA Liability since it's only accountable if you jumped on US soil while needed the Liability.

Is that true? If so, why is this hidden from people that sign up on a USPA membership instead of CSPA?

Thanks.
Avikus - Packer and Jumper - Hate landing with the plane!

http://www.uspa.org/USPAMembers/Membership/Services/tabid/91/Default.aspx

According to the USPA site, it's valid for claims in the US or Canada. (I don't know any more than that - I just did a quick search on the USPA's site to see if it was indeed "hidden" ;)or easily accessible. A USPA staffer or board member might be able to give you more detailed info).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Yeah I saw that on the website, but it's quite vague IMO since they don't mention any country and they don't mention Canadian Resident. I already send an e-mail to USPA after I wrote here, since I maybe could have a good reply on the subject *crossfingers*

Actually...

You need to be a resident of the country's group for the insurance to cover you outside of that country.

ie:

- if you live in the US (or Canada), USPA (or respectively CSPA) 3rd party should cover you worldwide (Tho some DZs or countries may require you to have a local membership too)

- if you live in Canada, your USPA membership will only cover you in the US.

- if you live in the US, your CSPA will only cover you in Canada.
Remster

Ok, that's what I (didn't) wanted to hear.

Thanks.

It's quite scary when you look at it because the dropzone I jump at they ask almost all solo to sign up to USPA because it's "easier".

EDIT: I don't know how to write... sozzy!

Avikus

Yeah I saw that on the website, but it's quite vague IMO since they don't mention any country and they don't mention Canadian Resident. I already send an e-mail to USPA after I wrote here, since I maybe could have a good reply on the subject *crossfingers*

As with all insurance policies, there's probably a ton of "fine print" that they can provide to those who are really interested. Hopefully they will.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

NWFlyer

http://www.uspa.org/USPAMembers/Membership/Services/tabid/91/Default.aspx

According to the USPA site, it's valid for claims in the US or Canada. (I don't know any more than that - I just did a quick search on the USPA's site to see if it was indeed "hidden" ;)or easily accessible. A USPA staffer or board member might be able to give you more detailed info).

You're on the right track, NWFlyer!

Basically, here's how the third-party liability insurance works for USPA members:

•US citizens jumping anywhere in the world: covered
•Canadian citizens jumping anywhere in the world: covered
•Everyone else: covered while jumping in the US or Canada only.

If you have a unique situation and want to know how this applies to you, feel free to contact us at [email protected]. In the meantime, we'll work on clarifying this information online!
www.uspa.org

Read the USPA blog!