jptobar

How To: GoPro low profile mount on Gath helmet

jptobar

Hi there!, my first post :),...just with a tip (attached):

:D

That said, unfortunately in the effort to get the camera/housing out of the fray you've introduced two additional thumbscrews to mix. Not sure if it's a net win or loss. I would replace at least two of the thumb screws with machine screws. You certainly don't need all of those to be adjustable.

Also, if you collide with someone in freefall or faceplant on landing you could turn a bruise/headache into a gash as polycarbonate is pretty hard and the Gath doesn't offer much to stop it.

champu

***Hi there!, my first post :),...just with a tip (attached):

That said, unfortunately in the effort to get the camera/housing out of the fray you've introduced two additional thumbscrews to mix. Not sure if it's a net win or loss. I would replace at least two of the thumb screws with machine screws. You certainly don't need all of those to be adjustable.

Also, if you collide with someone in freefall or faceplant on landing you could turn a bruise/headache into a gash as polycarbonate is pretty hard and the Gath doesn't offer much to stop it.

Great tip about the screws. Thanks.
The classic Gath has some protection in the zone where the camera is placed, it's a little bit thin, but I think it's good enough....., or maybe not? ¬¬

BTW, Thanks for the answer :)

jptobar

Hi there!, my first post :),...just with a tip (attached):

get rid og the black knobs and replace with M5 button heads.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

stayhigh

Can you attach your picture of this M5 button head set up??

where do you buy these?? home depot?

https://www.google.com.au/search?redir_esc=&client=tablet-android-samsung&hl=en-AU&safe=images&q=m5%20button%20head%20screw&source=android-browser-suggest&qsubts=1377436783969
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

davelepka

Close, but there's too much 'stuff' up there.

See attached. I've got about 150 jumps on this between AFF, freeflying and some outside RW camera jumps, and it's been great.

That was my first option, but I didn't like the camera angle, I mean, it's not pointing right to the front

Nope, the angle is right on. The way the helmet sits on the ground makes it look like its pointing up, but when when you wear the helmet it tilts forward in your head and point straight ahead.

Like I said, 150 jumps on it with no problems shooting a variety of different jumps.

davelepka

Nope, the angle is right on. The way the helmet sits on the ground makes it look like its pointing up, but when when you wear the helmet it tilts forward in your head and point straight ahead.

Like I said, 150 jumps on it with no problems shooting a variety of different jumps.

I tried the setup you mentioned and when I wore it I felt it more like pointing up in 45° angle (BTW, the helmets are different models, mine has a thinner protection on the front, that helps to point the gopro to the front). Look the attached comparison.

champu

***Hi there!, my first post :),...just with a tip (attached):

Hi, I bought some screws (10 x US$0,50). Photo attached.