shibu

Life Insurance & USPA

Does anyone know if there is a competitively priced Life Insurance policy geared toward skydiving related deaths at USPA DZs?

When I say competitively priced I just mean not 5-10x the price of a policy of a non-skydiving related death.

DrDom

Thanks. That's what I was looking for.

I just applied as well, buying it solo stunk, got terrible rates; groups tend to get better coverage for sure

Being part of the USPA doesn't qualify us as a group?

Alot of professions (ex, actors) form unions that help with issues like this. Maybe that is something at least people who work in skydiving could do.

shibu

Thanks. That's what I was looking for.

I just applied as well, buying it solo stunk, got terrible rates; groups tend to get better coverage for sure

Being part of the USPA doesn't qualify us as a group?

Alot of professions (ex, actors) form unions that help with issues like this. Maybe that is something at least people who work in skydiving could do.

No, I'm saying I currently buy as an individual at a huge penalty, the USPA I believe is a group style insurance

I sent them my info and already had a call! These guys are quick though it was to clarify my medical history. :\
You are not the contents of your wallet.

I need to read my policies that I bought long before I ever considered skydiving. I remember at least one asking "do you have any plans in the next two years" (or whatever) to skydive. At the time I did not. I did smoke (quit three years ago) so I'm still paying the higher rates.

Hopefully there isn't some hidden language in there....
Chance favors the prepared mind.

wicodefly

I need to read my policies that I bought long before I ever considered skydiving. I remember at least one asking "do you have any plans in the next two years" (or whatever) to skydive. At the time I did not. I did smoke (quit three years ago) so I'm still paying the higher rates.

Hopefully there isn't some hidden language in there....

MOST (not all) will not cover sporting related injuries, and they consider skydiving an extreme sport. USPA insurance coverage is actually cheaper than my non-skydiving insured life. Disability is hard to get skydive coverage and will likely be a fortune. But the life is great. Lost 10 lbs, cholesterol normalized, took up skydiving... and now lower premiums. Guess that weight is more dangerous :)
You are not the contents of your wallet.