1 1
Seyoum

Fixing 360 camera

There's no such perfect spot. It's always a balance between snag hazard and the picture

Full body view could be achieved by having camera far from the body i.e. selfie stick, but this is dangerous on many levels. I could give a full lecture about why this is a bad idea, but key points:

* If you loose it, it might fail on someone's head or property

* At terminal velocity it catches air like crazy and affects your flying a lot

* Snag hazard

* In case of accident/malfunction when you need both hands, what you gonna do with the camera?

Just don't do that.

Next on the list - helmet camera extensions - they've got their name "deathsticks" for a reason. Avoid that as well.

Wrist mounts are widely used by tandem pilots, but those jumps are of completely different nature, shoot specific angles and thus wrist mounts work well only in that environment. Also those mounts have cutaway mechanism.

I've seen some people with 360 camera chin mounts, which is comparably safe, but again, no full body view.

You know, actually, there's one perfect spot that lets you see your whole body - when it's mounted on the helmet of your coach.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, the.Legend said:

There's no such perfect spot. It's always a balance between snag hazard and the picture

Full body view could be achieved by having camera far from the body i.e. selfie stick, but this is dangerous on many levels. I could give a full lecture about why this is a bad idea, but key points:

* If you loose it, it might fail on someone's head or property

* At terminal velocity it catches air like crazy and affects your flying a lot

* Snag hazard

* In case of accident/malfunction when you need both hands, what you gonna do with the camera?

Just don't do that.

Next on the list - helmet camera extensions - they've got their name "deathsticks" for a reason. Avoid that as well.

Wrist mounts are widely used by tandem pilots, but those jumps are of completely different nature, shoot specific angles and thus wrist mounts work well only in that environment. Also those mounts have cutaway mechanism.

I've seen some people with 360 camera chin mounts, which is comparably safe, but again, no full body view.

You know, actually, there's one perfect spot that lets you see your whole body - when it's mounted on the helmet of your coach.

I love it !