1 1
Candy19

Shoulder replacement surgery

10 hours ago, Candy19 said:

I have seen a few posts about people asking if they would be able to resume skydiving with a shoulder replacement, but nothing on how they are doing a few years down the line.

Has anyone had a successful shoulder replacement surgery and managed to remain in the sport afterward?

Yes, I have. I'm  6 months out and fully functional. I was actually out of the sling at one week with full ROM and a month.There are a variety of procedures so you need to do research. You also need to be willing to travel, maybe. I chose the procedure developed by Felix Savoie at Tulane but my surgeon was Ryan Simovitch at HSS in Florida. I read all of his publications and, of course everyone else's too. I also interviewed surgeons in 5 states to discuss procedures and devices. I also examined closely the implant manufacturers and decided on the Exactech devices as best for initial results and also for revision if necessary. Feel free to PM me for what I might have learned as you start learning.

• Like 1