tbrown

Dead & Company Farewell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5LnjhbzRPg  Going all the way back to the seventies my two greatest passions have been skydiving and the Grateful Dead. They're not everyone's cup of coffee, but I've known a lot of skydivers who love them as well. For a Father's Day present one of my daughters who lives in the Bay Area copped tickets for the very last show. The entire weekend, San Francisco was a wall to wall carnival of tie dyed old farts roaming around Haight St. and the SOMA district where Oracle Park is located. It was a special weekend for those of us who have grown up on the Dead. We lost Jerry Garcia along the way, but the music never stopped. Bob Weir and the guys promise they've got other things up their sleeves yet, but this was the end of an era.

• Like 2

I was too young to be into the Dead, but I am very glad my one trip to Red Rocks was July 2014. It was an Avett Brothers show, Bob Weir and RatDog opened, for one of their last shows. The Avetts joined in for Touch of Grey and I felt connected to a vast musical experience...

Glad your daughter was able to gift that to you, that must have been a "gee I did something right" moment ;)

• Like 1