Somthinelse

Tell me. What happened that shutdown Central Michigan Skydivers??

It's been a while for me, but CMS was where I felt good about learning and trusting the staff to teach me when I went thru static line jumps and AFF. And I really enjoyed the down time while waiting my turn for a plane. AndcIve git tons of good memories, and photos to remember the good times from then.

Initially it was an amazing diverse staff, and owned and run by pilot Dez Sharkey & girlfriend, MaryAnn(?). Over the next few years staff, regular jumpers and clients all changed. I think Dez sold the DZ to one its tandem instructions, Scott, and the times I went after that, it seemed pretty quiet. I sadly felt the overall vibe was really different.

I went back a few years later to find it shutdown. Anybody know the whole story?

Thanks.

Edited by Somthinelse

How long ago was this? Dez flew for one of my local DZ's in CT for a season or two, I think with his own plane. That must have been back around 2008 2009 but the years blend together.

Wait long enough and there is always a huge amount of turn-over at a DZ, even without something as major as a change in ownership. The population of people that stays the same is small, and it isn't hard to have the whole atmosphere and vibe change if you switch up a few of those core individuals.