UpstateBonehead

Just faxed in my A License Checklist!

After 2 years (actually only 6 months each year) of jumping maybe once a week or so and reaching solo status last year, I finally decided to focus on getting my license.
Showed up at my local DZ in April and, after a Coach jump, the DZO pulled me aside and very politely and professionally said "Skydiving isn't a sport you can dabble in. If you're serious about learning how to do this without killing yourself or others, you need to start jumping regularly and more than once a week. If you can't or don't want to, maybe you should just stick with occasional tandem rides."
He was right so I buckled down and started jumping every weekend, sometimes 8-10 times/weekend. Seemed to do the trick! So, after 42 jumps over 3 years, I finally got everything checked off the list!!

Couldn't be happier!!

2 things I'll always remember about my fist jump as the holder of a Class A License:

1. The reaction I got when, while checking my Rig and turning on the ADD, I said with a straight face "Hey! Anyone know how I set this thing to "Swoop"?" :P
2. After I got geared up and asked the DZO for a gear check he grinned and responded "You've got a License; do your own f'ing gear check!" (Said while walking over to actually check my gear).

Good times with good people. :)
"I shall not die of a cold. I shall die of having lived." Willa Cather