1 1
Pick

Went to the DZ this weekend! (didn't jump though)

Yeah, it's been awhile since I stopped by. It's only been, um, 17 years (?!) since I did my first (only) tandem jump. Yes, I knew I was hooked and I also knew that I had two kids at home and way too much going on to allow myself to give in to the addiction.

Fast forward to this weekend. My ex-wife's brother wanted to jump for his 40th birthday and managed to talk my ex, my son, and another friend to jump with him at Skydive Kentucky........so I went up to visit for the weekend and watch the jumps. They all did great and had a great time! The ex (and her tandem instructor) even made the landing standing up!

My son is now trying to plan his budget around more jumps, his wife wants to go next time as well, and, you guessed it, I'm thinkin' I need to jump again too. I was getting a twitch just watching.

My son and daughter-in-law live close enough to the DZ that they can see chutes from their back yard, so now that they "know", they'll have constant reminders and will be constantly looking skyward. And I have a sneakin' suspicion that they'll remind me as well.

Anyway.........just thought I'd drop back in and share and say "hey" again.

On 9/8/2020 at 1:56 PM, Pick said:

Yeah, it's been awhile since I stopped by. It's only been, um, 17 years (?!) since I did my first (only) tandem jump. Yes, I knew I was hooked and I also knew that I had two kids at home and way too much going on to allow myself to give in to the addiction.

Fast forward to this weekend. My ex-wife's brother wanted to jump for his 40th birthday and managed to talk my ex, my son, and another friend to jump with him at Skydive Kentucky........so I went up to visit for the weekend and watch the jumps. They all did great and had a great time! The ex (and her tandem instructor) even made the landing standing up!

My son is now trying to plan his budget around more jumps, his wife wants to go next time as well, and, you guessed it, I'm thinkin' I need to jump again too. I was getting a twitch just watching.

My son and daughter-in-law live close enough to the DZ that they can see chutes from their back yard, so now that they "know", they'll have constant reminders and will be constantly looking skyward. And I have a sneakin' suspicion that they'll remind me as well.

Anyway.........just thought I'd drop back in and share and say "hey" again.

I plan on getting my knees back in the breeze soon as well.

We shall see.