2 2
Mike 90

Is Jeff Barlow Legitimate

I recently purchased a canopy from Jeff Barlow who has multiple advertisements up, and his profile has 700+ advertisements on his history. The canopy was listed in the United States but the shipping info he just provided states it's coming from Russia. Has anyone done business with this guy or is he scamming me?

Mike

I bought, and received, a canopy from him recently. Came just as promised. I would not say he went over and above (e.g. the slinks it came on were some old-style ones that are no longer used, and it wasn't separately wrapped in plastic before being boxed). The canopy was complete and in good condition.

Wendy P.

Ok, his payment link won't work. He's evasive about his relationship to the skydive store.  He says they don't accept any credit cards or Venmo, want's Zelle only and I'm feeling like this is the most bizarre sales tactics I have ever encountered in 30 years of skydiving and gear purchases. I'll never, ever deal with them again, even if this comes out ok.

Ive used him recently. Same email and I was curious of the name Sergei also but i was able to send the money and got the canopy delivered quick.(within 2 weeks) It was shipped directly from NZA though. I would buy from him again, he replied each time to me but I think there is a time difference so it wasnt always quick.