RUN_FMX

Karnage Krew - Gary Lucas

Sorry to drag up the past, but I just came across some really old emails from 2010 from the beginning of my skydiving career when I paid Gary Lucas (his Sydney-based gear store was called Karnage Krew) $5,000 for a rig that I never received, which really slowed down my jumping for a while.

I remember a few threads got started on here and it turns out a whole group of us got ripped off at the same time, to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars, and then he and his gear store disappeared off the face of the planet.

Purely out of curiosity - did anybody ever run in to him again? Anybody get their money back? Or did his body turn up in a ditch in Mexico?

I have often wondered the same thing and as a matter of fact was just talking to a new jumper about this last night. Gary actually got me a really good deal on a new canopy about a year before the shit hit the fan. After I received the canopy I ordered my wife a new Vector container. Both the canopy and container were delivered within days of when they were supposed to. After I received my wife's container I decided to order a complete rig, container, main, reserve, and aad. I emailed him several times but never got a reply, thankfully. I went elsewhere then learned about this whole ordeal. I was one of the lucky ones.
It's a gift, I don't try to explain it.