Fiziks

Phantom X Visor Opening/Closing

Has anyone else had issues with the Phantom X and the visor? I've had the thing for only the last 20 jumps but am having some issues with it. The visor does not stay up and it appears that the visor might be a tad too wide and doesn't stop on the pegs that stick out on the mechanism to keep it up. I also had it open up on me in freefall on my last jump. Under canopy it is impossible to keep the damn thing open the whole way down and I'm getting ready to just switch back to my pro-tec for the short term and go with something else long term.

I can post some pictures later if needed, but was just wondering if anyone else had similar problems with this helmet and if they were able to have it remedied.

I’ve been using a Phantom X for about 250 jumps and never any problems (as you describe, or anything else). I doubt it’s a general issue with these helmets - probably something exceptional is wrong with yours.

I would suggest taking the visor off the helmet completely — it’s very easy if you follow the instructions that come with the helmet. Check all the fittings / hinge that hold the visor to the helmet (and pm me if you want me to send you photos of mine to compare). Re-attach the visor. If still not right, as Terry says, ask the manufacturer.