Fuzzy

PC1 Battery / Power Problems - Any Suggestions

A friend recently got a used PC1 (I think thats the model).

The problem he is having, is the batteries show fully charged, lasts only a few minutes at best then shuts off due to low battery. He cycles the camera off and on, the battery shows charged but then after a couple minutes the camera shuts off again showing low battery.

The person he bought it from recently had it serviced (so we figure it has a clean bill of health), He has 3 batteries which are apparantly fairly new, and it happens on all three. It's the same whether using it with the LCD or just the view finder.

We are going to try his batteries on another camera, and like wise try someone elses on his, just haven't gotten there yet.

Does this problem sound familiar and does it sound battery related &/or fixable, any suggestions appreciated.

Fuzzy
Ambition / Ability: Know the difference.

The problem is the batteries. They are the 'S' series, which stands for SHITTY. You have to buck up and buy new batteries, that's just the bottom line. Here's some tips. Fully discharge the battery before charging, the battery WILL get a memory and stop holding a full charge even though it says it has it. And mostly, DO NOT open the view screen to watch vids. It eats the battery very fast....VERY fast. I speak from experience. I'm on my second camera, but my first was a PC1 which I have well over 1400 jumps on. You have to baby the thing.

It's not a bad camera, it's just a shitty battery. And you can't put the other series batts on it. Get an NP-FS31, it will last you a long time as long as you baby the battery like I was saying. But it's a fat batt and may not fit in a d-box if that's what you have. Don't waste your money on the little slim ones.

there you go, and good luck!
my pics & stuff!

Thanks -I'll pass that on

Interesting about the battery getting a memory. I always thought the info lithium ones didn't have the memory problem. Mine are a few years old and it's never been an issue, although they're the M series so.....

Thanks again

Fuzzy
Ambition / Ability: Know the difference.