turtlespeed

Chicago again . . . We absolutely need more regulations

turtlespeed

************Just wondering, do you live in Chicago? I did for a long time, but I moved out because I got tired of the congestion and the noise.

Oh...he lives on the south side. Bad part of town.

Officially, I have never and if I have anything to say about it, will never live in Chicago.
Why do you think I live in the south side?

I'm a Texas boy.:)
Again, just wondering, then why do you give a sh!t about some obscure Chicago snow shoveling regulation?

You honestly don't get it do you?:|

I guess not. I must be dense. Please explain.

AndyBoyd

I guess not. I must be dense. Please explain.

kallend lives in Chicago.

kallend is very outspoken here about the problem of criminals, mentally ill, and irresponsible people having guns and is pretty quick to condemn actions and/or opinions that directly, indirectly, or potentially contribute to that problem. (some people mistakenly believe he also supports other gun control measures espoused by a certain political party and, although he doesn't, he will sometimes troll these people.)

In response to kallend, posters often tout Chicago (kallend's "own back yard") as an example of a town that has a lot of both firearms restrictions and firearms violence as evidence that restrictions don't work. It's not as extreme an example of either as these posters would like, and at this point I think when people do this they are trolling him, because it's one of the few things he'll actually respond to anymore on the subject with more than a single sentence reply. Usually he replies with statistics about cities in the south that are less restrictive in terms of firearm ownership that have some crime statistic that is worse than Chicago.

The joke in this thread is the headline. You're supposed to assume it's going to be about firearms regulations not working, but instead it ends up being about people dying due to over-exertion while shoveling snow. What results is people (myself included) making up ridiculous suggestions for regulations to stop these deaths to poke fun at people who seem to think that more laws are the solution to everything.

Is it funny yet? I can explain further if it's not funny yet. :|

AndyBoyd

OK, so Turtle is just trolling Kallend? Sorry I got in the middle of it. I guess it's a little funny.

Thanks for filling me in.

I wouldn't call it trolling.

I would call it an ironic look at seemingly ignorant views of anti gun nuts.:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

***OK, so Turtle is just trolling Kallend? Sorry I got in the middle of it. I guess it's a little funny.

But to be funny it would have to have a morsel of truth about "anti gun nuts" in Chicago. It didn't.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

******OK, so Turtle is just trolling Kallend? Sorry I got in the middle of it. I guess it's a little funny.

But to be funny it would have to have a morsel of truth about "anti gun nuts" in Chicago. It didn't.

I wasn't the claimer of funniness.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

*********OK, so Turtle is just trolling Kallend? Sorry I got in the middle of it. I guess it's a little funny.

Or relevance.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

************OK, so Turtle is just trolling Kallend? Sorry I got in the middle of it. I guess it's a little funny.

Or relevance.

No, I did not claim relevance, but the point that was understood by most was relevant.