Southern_Man

Federal judge overturns same-sex marriage ban in Virginia

Southern_Man

Guess people view the spread of same sex marriage with inevitability now.

Many do, myself among them, but if that was really the case there wouldn't be so many conservative state legislators who seek to enact such laws and governors willing to sign them into law - either because that's the way they personally feel or because they think that's how the majority of their voting constituents feel.

Andy9o8

*** Guess people view the spread of same sex marriage with inevitability now.

Many do, myself among them, but if that was really the case there wouldn't be so many conservative state legislators who seek to enact such laws and governors willing to sign them into law - either because that's the way they personally feel or because they think that's how the majority of their voting constituents feel.

Well, right. I was mostly commenting that there does not seem to be much commenting on it here. I certainly view it is inevitable and maybe we have reached a point where everybody sees the rock rolling down the hill and picking up speed.

Just as background, Virginia elected a democratic slate (Gov, Lt. Gov, Atty General) in November and they declined to defend the same sex marriage ban in court.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Andy9o8

*** Guess people view the spread of same sex marriage with inevitability now.

I think its just they are to afraid to come out of the closet voluntarily. The list is very long of conservative politicians who do everything they can to punish and stigmatize gays with legislation... and then their boyfriends show up... or some toe tapping occurs. I guess they learned as kids that the best way for their own proclivities to be hidden was to attack othersjust like them so their buddies would never guess.