toolbox

If Biden feels the double barel shotgun is the best weapon for defense,then why doesn't the secret sevice carry them?

In fact I bet many of them have been trained by NRA weapons instructors,just like you can be trained if you have the money,and will to do so.

In fact, you are wrong.

http://www.fletc.gov/training/programs/firearms-division

In fact, my nephew is on his way there this weekend.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Yep. And a number of those former fed state and local LEO firearms instructors are NRA instructors. http://le.nra.org/training
Plenty of the folks who trained me professionally were certified LEOs, DT trainers, and NRA rated. They're not mutually exclusive. The state level guys were least professional, knowledgable, and capable of teaching students. They were also the only group that didn't include a single NRA rated instructor. The best were local, and every one held NRA certs, among others. Last I heard one of them went federal, but I don't know if he went to federal LEO or to somewhere like FLETC where he trains officers without being one anymore.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

This is a bit off topic, but I feel firearm training is important. Particularly if you carry concealed or plan to defend your home with a firearm.

I bought a concealed carry permit, about a year ago. I am military trained, and have been around guns all my life, BUT I know I still have a lot to learn.

I recently signed up for five days of training with Front Sight in Nevada. I'm excited about going. They claim excellent results. As a bonus I'll come out of it with a 30 state concealed carry permit. You wouldn't believe the good deal that I got on this. Check them out. Maybe they will cut you a deal too....

I'm not positive but wasn't the NRA started to help educate and train state malitia's and soldiers to be more proficient with their rifles?

NRA was founded in New York state by two former Union officers in 1871. Their stated reason for forming the organization was the lack of marksmanship by troops. They decided the purpose of the NRA would be to "promote and encourage rifle shooting on a scientific basis". In about 1900 they included youth training and college rifle teams.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

This is a bit off topic, but I feel firearm training is important. Particularly if you carry concealed or plan to defend your home with a firearm.

I bought a concealed carry permit, about a year ago. I am military trained, and have been around guns all my life, BUT I know I still have a lot to learn.

I recently signed up for five days of training with Front Sight in Nevada. I'm excited about going. They claim excellent results. As a bonus I'll come out of it with a 30 state concealed carry permit. You wouldn't believe the good deal that I got on this. Check them out. Maybe they will cut you a deal too....

That is an excellent idea. There are lots of companies that provide world class training. By world class I mean it is to the level of that provided to law enforcement, secret service, and military direct combat units.
sidebar: I can say this because those same units have been sent to these companies for training. That does not mean you will shoot like a SEAL for life, but that can be largely attributed to staying current. Just like in jumping, it doesn't matter who trained you, what your license says, or how good you were. If you don't stay on it, don't expect to be one of the best. That's why I laugh at training requirements for ownership or conceal carry permits. What does it matter if they go to a class one time and never shoot again? Does anyone think it'll make a difference years down the road?

Back to your post, some absolutely amazing training is available from Front Sight near Vegas, Gunsight in AZ, whatever Blackwater is calling itself this week in NC near Virginia Beach/Norfolk, and others. They all offer training with handguns, shotguns, rifles of various types, and more.
witty subliminal message
1*