dannydan

Ponder, perhaps CHEW on this!

Serious question~ do YOU know anyone personally who is on welfare and food-stamps ONLY?

Can't speak for skydekker but I know about 2 dozen very well and have occasional contact with maybe 100 others. Not the classic TANF welfare, more like SSI plus food stamps.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

>I am all for a temporary raise in taxes as long as everybody pays including those
>that make less than 10k a year, until everybody pays a little no one else should
>have an increase.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why no one will ever make any progress with the debt problem. No one will be willing to sacrifice their golden calf until they get their political favors granted.

Repub: "Sure, I'm OK with raising taxes - as long as you tax those lazy fucks first!"

Dem: "Sure, I'm OK with cutting programs - as long as you tax the evil rich first!"

Result? What we have today.

what is wrong with having everybody share in the workload?

It breaks up the voter base

I remember when people would work hard or got made fun of or chastized, now those that don't work get coddled and given things.

Well, among the biggest beneficiaries of taxpayer support were the bankers who precipitated the recession through their greed. On the whole I'd rather give $10 to a homeless unemployed person than $10Million to a Wall St. banker.

If you look back you will see I was against tarp, stimulous and welfare. for some reason I think that everyone should contribute and not get handouts, but why would the left think that way.