JohnRich

Soylent Green Light

I'm not responsible for other people's misconceptions about how the topic was presented.

Nope. You are responsible for presenting it misleadingly though.

If they think it was misleading, they should detail why they think so,

Read the first page of this thread.

If they can't be bothered to explain their position, why should I bother to respond?

So why are you moaning that people aren't properly discussing your topic? You didn't explain your position so no-one should bother responding to you.

In fact, without specificity on their part, there's nothing for me to respond to.

Read the first page of this thread.

I say my piece and move on,

But that's the thing, isn't it? You don't say your piece. Mostly you just insinuate it, while leaving plenty of room for deniability.

My message #1 in this thread is a perfectly reasonable introduction to a discussion of a controversial topic, and yet look at how some demonize me for somehow misrepresenting things,

No-one's demonised you. They've simply pointed out, perfectly reasonably, why post #1 (and your subsequent post) misrepresent the issue. If facts and logic are so important to you, maybe you should respond with them, instead of hiding behind a faux persecution complex.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?