BETO74

thoughts of Oliver Stone in Venezuela case.

Yesterda on Larry King Live. Attached is my post on his blog, is there anyone who thinks Oliver Stone is not on drugs?

http://larrykinglive.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/09/tonight-on-larry-king-live-111/

What a poor journalism work Mr. Oliver Stone has done, if you want to find the truth please ask all the journalist and political leaders that are in jail because of Mr. Chavez persecution. If you want to find out the truth of what is really happening in Venezuela please don't go ask 3 Americans who are disconnected with the reality in Venezuela and or South America. Mr. Stone please go interview serious journalist like Nelson Bocaranda and writers like Mario Vargas Llosa just to mention a couple. Do you want prove of the Venezuelan government involve supporting the FARC ask the Colombian president Uribe a very serious and honorable president.
Mr. Stone the movie is a disgrace for all south American countries that specially Venezuela, your misinformation and quite frankly ignorance over a situation can only be labeled as irresponsible to say very least.

Mr. Larry King, if you want to know about what is really happening there, ask a Venezuelan citizen, ask a person who has lived and suffer from the persecution of a government that the only thing they cared about is to be permanently in power.

History will have the last word, and just hope that the few dollars Mr Stone made will buy him the peace of mind and comfort that the hundred of political persecuted and victims of the social decay and poverty will not have in decades to come. How can you explain 80% of the population is in poverty been Venezuela one of the most riches countries in the world?
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

How can you explain 80% of the population is in poverty been Venezuela one of the most riches countries in the world?

Where does that figure come from?

Poverty in Venezuela increased during the 1980s and 1990s but has decreased during the Chávez presidency, with the exception of the troubled years 2002 and 2003. The table below shows the percentage of people whose income is below a poverty line which is equal to the price of a market basket of necessities such as food. Note that as an income-based measure of poverty, this omits the effect of some other factors that may affect economic wellbeing, such as the availability of free health care and education.

Percentage of people with income below national poverty line:
1997 54.5
1998 50.4
1999 48.7
2000 46.3
2001 45.4
2002 55.4
2003 62.1
2004 53.9
2005 43.7
2006 36.3
2007 33.6

source: wikipedia.org

I don't know why, but there is a lot of bias against Chavez in Europe and in the US. Sometimes it evens looks like anti-Chavez propaganda to me... I'm not saying he's a good guy, I'm just saying that he might not be as bad as depicted in the news, that's all.
"One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching."

Dudeist Skydiver #101

How can you explain 80% of the population is in poverty been Venezuela one of the most riches countries in the world?

Where does that figure come from?

Poverty in Venezuela increased during the 1980s and 1990s but has decreased during the Chávez presidency, with the exception of the troubled years 2002 and 2003. The table below shows the percentage of people whose income is below a poverty line which is equal to the price of a market basket of necessities such as food. Note that as an income-based measure of poverty, this omits the effect of some other factors that may affect economic wellbeing, such as the availability of free health care and education.

Percentage of people with income below national poverty line:
1997 54.5
1998 50.4
1999 48.7
2000 46.3
2001 45.4
2002 55.4
2003 62.1
2004 53.9
2005 43.7
2006 36.3
2007 33.6

source: wikipedia.org

I don't know why, but there is a lot of bias against Chavez in Europe and in the US. Sometimes it evens looks like anti-Chavez propaganda to me... I'm not saying he's a good guy, I'm just saying that he might not be as bad as depicted in the news, that's all.

Venezuela has seen oil production go down the tubes since Chavez took over. Store shelves are near empty now that their biggest chain has been nationalized. Inflation is over 30%. They have rolling 3 hour daily blackouts because power generation is down...because...nationalization...it's a long list. Wiki won't help you there...

I have an acquaintance whom I chat with every so often down there. Things are getting worse and a lot of people are getting teed off.

As to Oliver Stone: I really want to like the guy. He has a lot of interesting insights and he's a part of a generation where doing the right thing wasn't necessarily "right". I saw a really good interview with him on Huckabee's show many months ago. Alas...
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Venezuela has seen oil production go down the tubes since Chavez took over. Store shelves are near empty now that their biggest chain has been nationalized. Inflation is over 30%. They have rolling 3 hour daily blackouts because power generation is down...because...nationalization...it's a long list. Wiki won't help you there...

Look, I know that Venezuela isn't a paradise right now, and Chavez is not a saint. But Venezuela isn't hell either. I was just saying that things are more complicated than the one-sided account we hear in the news, that's all.
"One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching."

Dudeist Skydiver #101

I was just saying that things are more complicated than the one-sided account we hear in the news, that's all.

Sometimes, they are not.

Venezuela is not a complex case study, it's a straight line track of activity.

Were you to say that about Oliver Stone, I would definitely agree with you. Chavez is a thug.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I was just saying that things are more complicated than the one-sided account we hear in the news, that's all.

Sometimes, they are not.

Venezuela is not a complex case study, it's a straight line track of activity.

Were you to say that about Oliver Stone, I would definitely agree with you. Chavez is a thug.

If he's a thug, there's no need to tamper with the facts and figures to make him look bad, right?

Dudeist Skydiver #101

Sorry guys I just look for a census, it shows people actually believe those altered numbers, I left that country 10 yrs ago I still have family there it pains me to believe that anyone would actually buy into those lies, thanks for the replies
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html