CanuckInUSA

Finally a Hybrid car even I like ... haha

If I ever buy a Hybrid car, I want it to be one of these.

PS: click the "Start web special" button and watch the intro if you are so inclined.
(IMHO they make the best commercials).

I'd like the GT3 R Hybrid model, but I am sure the 918 Spyder rocks as well. :)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Yeah, but the old stuff is still OK. 36 mpg.

The old stuff is more than just OK. The old stuff are classics. ;)

As long as they're not iron oxide powder.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

I came across an interesting (very unscientific) video from the people at "Motor Trend" where they compared a Porsche Boxster Spyder to an Tesla Roadster electric sports car. The Porsche Boxster they used is not your standard Boxster but instead is the light weight sport version (320 hp 3.4 flat six cylinder engine with a 6 speed manual transmission) coming in at about the price of $73,000 USD. The Tesla they used is not the standard Tesla but was their top of the line sport version of the Tesla electric car (288 hp single speed transmission) and it comes in at about $130,000 USD.

At the beginning of the video the two fellows definitely appear to be rather bias in their opinions in regards to their preferred car (both guys do drive both cars around the Willow Park race track). But at the end of the video I think they both gave pretty honest opinions.

http://www.motortrend.com/av/roadtests/convertibles/112_1004_2010_tesla_roadster_sport_2011_porsche_boxster_spyder_comparison_video/index.html

Now I don't know that many "average" people out there who can afford a $70,000 car let alone a $130,000 car. Plus if I did have $130,000 lying around to spend on a car I know I would be looking at something other than the Tesla. But one thing the fellow representing the Tesla did say that I thought was valid was that "The Tesla made the cut, that it was finally worth comparing". Now in my opinion, when an electric car wins the "24 Heures du Mans" auto race, then we will know the time of electric cars has come. Until then I can only see electric cars being confined to the urban environment (the perfect place for them).

Oh and if an electric car was ever to win at Lemans, it will probably come from a manufacture like Porsche. But then again, I do not try to hide my bias to the great German auto maker. :)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over