Ion01

You Lie....

Anyone thinking a government solution is more efficient should be in an institution. Crazy....name something where it has been done? A few facts: 1) Canada has about 10% of the US population and minimal illegal immigration, 2) Government workers with their union wages and pensions make significantly more than all but senior executives at private companies, 3) fraud in medicaid is estimated above 5%...at private insurers .05%, 4) most doctors do NOT want a public option.

I could go on...but anyone who thinks the government is more efficient at anything probably doesn't want facts.

There's a good argument for a single payer system and it's too bad that it's been eliminated from the debate. The multi payer system we use results in 25-30% of health care expenses going to administrative costs. Single payer systems typically have that overhead down to below 5%. As a result of the current system, our doctors often spend 40% of their time dealing with servicing the insurance company overhead instead of servicing their patients. That's likely why most doctors would like to see a public option.
I think that including the pros and cons of a single payer system in the health care debate would probably bolster the position for a robust public option. I'm also pretty sure that's why it was excluded from debate, well.....that and $3 million/wk in lobbyist efforts.

So in terms of cost of healthcare, is it better to get fucked up the ass by incompetent government or by greedy private corporations?

If you believe getting fucked by a government-run system would be worse, do you believe the healthcare system as it stands today is just peachy?

either way, I'm investing in Vaseline stock.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

most doctors do NOT want a public option.

I could go on...but anyone who thinks the government is more efficient at anything probably doesn't want facts.

I love facts, so I'll correct my earlier post. It's not 2 out of three doctors who support a public option, it's only 62.9%.

Physician Views on the Public Health Insurance Option and Medicare Expansions

Anyone thinking a government solution is more efficient should be in an institution. Crazy....name something where it has been done? A few facts: 1) Canada has about 10% of the US population and minimal illegal immigration, 2) Government workers with their union wages and pensions make significantly more than all but senior executives at private companies, 3) fraud in medicaid is estimated above 5%...at private insurers .05%, 4) most doctors do NOT want a public option.

There's a good argument for a single payer system and it's too bad that it's been eliminated from the debate. The multi payer system we use results in 25-30% of health care expenses going to administrative costs. Single payer systems typically have that overhead down to below 5%. As a result of the current system, our doctors often spend 40% of their time dealing with servicing the insurance company overhead instead of servicing their patients. That's likely why most doctors would like to see a public option.
I think that including the pros and cons of a single payer system in the health care debate would probably bolster the position for a robust public option. I'm also pretty sure that's why it was excluded from debate, well.....that and $3 million/wk in lobbyist efforts.

The costs are less because people don't get treated and die! Do you have no clue what its like in the UK! Why do you think people travel from all over the world to use our healthcare system? According to some of the feds own estimates it could cost us more per person than healthcare typically does! In addition do you have any idea the amount of debt the UK system has resulted in?
This should help get you started in educating yourself with the FACTS!
http://www.angelfire.com/pa/sergeman/issues/healthcare/socialized.html

Maybe you like Canada..... http://www.mackinac.org/article.aspx?ID=2748 Here are more FACTS!

Are you a moron or joking? Citing a study by these ultra liberal numbskulls would be like me referring to a study by EIB. Wake up...question and challenge what you read. Also, use common sense....you really think most doctors want to have their salaries controlled by the Feds. I assume you are just jerking my chain and not dumb enough to believe this. The nonsense you cite are not facts.

In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

most doctors do NOT want a public option.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
------------------------------------------------------------
I love facts, so I'll correct my earlier post. It's not 2 out of three doctors who support a public option, it's only 62.9%.

Physician Views on the Public Health Insurance Option and Medicare

If we had 30 or 40 million citizens and a miniscule amount of illegal immigrants we could have a system like Canada. The conditions in the US are neither.

In Reply To

Maybe you like Canada.....

Lots of people do. And a wealthy nation like ours could probably figure out a way to take the best of both systems and come up with a better one.
http://www.bloomberg.com/...amp;sid=a_zs1Y1FspIM

Are you a moron or joking? Citing a study by these ultra liberal numbskulls would be like me referring to a study by EIB. Wake up...question and challenge what you read. Also, use common sense....you really think most doctors want to have their salaries controlled by the Feds. I assume you are just jerking my chain and not dumb enough to believe this. The nonsense you cite are not facts.

Compare my post to yours. Who cited facts and who said.....well.....nothing at all really?

Maybe you like Canada.....

Lots of people do. And a wealthy nation like ours could probably figure out a way to take the best of both systems and come up with a better one.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601109&sid=a_zs1Y1FspIM

It is figured out. The steps to take are clear; but do not fit too many leaders' political agendas, and rock too many established boats - so they get no press. I've posted them several times before so won't bore people with them again. However, the solutions are easy, well maybe better to say not that difficult.

No more difficult than any other problem solving exercise once you remove the politics.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley