lawrocket

Deficits nearly a trillion a yesr for the next decade

Most of the spending is systemic and has nothing whatsoever to do with Obama and his policies. The roots of the future deficits are deep and the seeds were planted decades ago.

Priceless. The further we get into his Presidency, the further back the blame goes.

If you bothered to search the archive you'll find I've been saying the same thing for years. Not that I'd expect you to make such an effort.;)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Okay. So you've shown a shortfall of $50 billion in revenues. Now trillion dollar deficits are business as usual.

can you see how increasing taxes to bring in an extra trillion is kinda tough to do? When the CBO says cutting discretionary spending by 60% and doubling taxes can bring a balanced budget in 30 years! I see a disconnect with our Congresses and Presidents.

Mainly with Congress. Over the decades. And I really gotta thank Congress for Medicare and Social Security - the ultimate in long-term fiscal disaster.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Okay. So you've shown a shortfall of $50 billion in revenues.

YES, I have, which is all I set out to do with that post. The data destroy the MYTH that cutting taxes increased revenues. In REAL terms, it did (and does) nothing of the sort. As competent economists told us all along**.

Reagan and Bush must have had Baron Samedi as their main economic advisor.

** "Federal revenue is lower today than it would have been without the tax cuts. There's really no dispute among economists about that."
Alan D. Viard, a former Bush White House economist currently at the conservative American Enterprise Institute, 10/23/06

“It is very rare and very few economists believe that you can cut taxes and you will get the same amount of revenues.” – Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan, Testimony before House Budget Committee September 8, 2004

“I don’t think that, as a general rule, that tax cuts pay for themselves.”
–Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke
Testimony before Joint Economic Committee
April 27, 2006

“As a general matter, most tax cuts do not pay for themselves.” - OMB Director Nominee Rob Portman
Written Response to Questions Submitted
Prior to Senate Budget Committee
Nomination Hearing
May 10, 2006

“[There is] no credible evidence that tax
revenues ... rise in the face of lower tax rates.”
“[An economist claiming tax cuts pay for
themselves is like a] snake oil salesman who
is trying to sell a miracle cure.”
– Former Chairman of President Bush's Council of
Economic Advisers N. Gregory Mankiw
Introductory college economics textbook,
“Principles of Economics,” 1998

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Most of the spending is systemic and has nothing whatsoever to do with Obama and his policies. The roots of the future deficits are deep and the seeds were planted decades ago.

Priceless. The further we get into his Presidency, the further back the blame goes.

That would be the expected behavior of time and calendars. :P