stitch

Accuracy International

Can some provide details as to why this is a superior long range precision rifle other than the $6000 price tag.

I also can't understand why most of the features that are standard on rifles that are half the cost, are extra cost options on a $6000 weapon. :S

Below is a link to Remington's page on the M-24A3 SWS (.338 Lapua).

http://www.remingtonmilitary.com/m24a3sws.htm

Seems that it either comes with either an AICS stock or a H-S Precision. If AICS is superior, why even bother with another manufacturers stock. Cost??

Then again I never could understand why H&K's PSG-1 carried a $10,000 price tag when it was availible.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

There are many LONG threads on this topic.

Some might say it's a "Ford" v. "BMW" thing...

But there truly are some benefits to the AI System. The reciever is glued to the stock, not bedded which allows for more consistent fit.

Most of the accuracy of a long range weapon comes from the barrel. AI's use either Border barrels or an Australian barrel (name escapes right now) - both are excellent choices. (a good US choice would be Mike Rock in Wisconsin, but sometimes his barrels are harder to get) Cut barrels are better than button, broach and hammer foraged barrels... because that technique induces less stress in the barrel.

The system has interchangable parts that prolong the live of the firearm by allowing replacement of parts that wear without being a highly trained armour.

(They also LOOK kinda sexy!)

-Part of the other issue is the exchange rate right now, which is "improving" - by US prespectives. (1 Pound = 1.4 Dollars)

The Sako TRG is also a good option and even just cheap lil Remingtons do a good job

I know it is all a personal preference thing in reality.

This Lon H. and H-S Precision is a bit disturbing. Although I'm sure they'll drop him like a hot potato before the end of the year.

That aside I still prefer their rifles. Coincidentally they use cut-rifled s/s barrels that are manufactured in house as is every other part in their firearms. All with a 1/2" MOA guarantee. Can AI say that??

According to Tac Pro the actions also bolted to the bedding block.

They use AI High grade steel flat bottom actions permanently bonded and bolted to the full length aluminum chassis

Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Give a call to Bill Davison at TacPro or even call Marty (my husband) at Badger Ordnance and ask either about the whys and wherefores of the different options.

Call and chat with those at H-S Precision or Dakota or visit up there in Rapid City (it's WORTH the trip to spend some time in the hills)

There are LOTS of options out there!!! Maybe just get one of each. B|

I have talked to the guys at TacPro several years ago. They answered most of my questions. It was actually someone there that recommended HS Precision if I had to have a left-handed rifle.
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Most of the accuracy of a long range weapon comes from the barrel. AI's use either Border barrels or an Australian barrel (name escapes right now) - both are excellent choices. (a good US choice would be Mike Rock in Wisconsin, but sometimes his barrels are harder to get) Cut barrels are better than button, broach and hammer foraged barrels... because that technique induces less stress in the barrel.

When you talk like that, it's just damn sexy. ;)
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.