nerdgirl

GEN Petraeus nominated to lead CENTCOM

This morning SecDef Gates announced that GEN Petreaus will replace ADM “Fox” Fallon as head of CENTCOM.
(Discussion of ADM Fallon’s removal resignation here.)

Speculating w/r/t impact on Afghanistan and (especially) Iran policy: CENTCOM does not equal ‘IRAQCOM.’

LTG Ray Odierno is being tapped to replace GEN Petraeus as head of Multinational Force Iraq (MNF-I). Odierno has had significant experience in Iraq, altho’ he comes as relatively recent proponent of counter-insurgency (COIN) strategy, as opposed to Petraeus, who literally helped write the book.

VR/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

He will be a good fit. His PHD is in the theater of operations and of course he did write the book as you stated.

This will be his last in uniform job, unless he is nominated for the Chairman's position but the timing and politics will not be right for that.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I love it when skydivers do well.

General Petraeus must be the highest ranked USPA member out there! (assuming he is keeping up his membership ;))

Good Luck!

Hopefully he'll be better at the new job than he was at skydiving. I seem to remember that his canpy control was so inept that he broke his legs and shattered his pelvis on a landing.

Mind you, considering his current job performance, I wouldn't get your hopes up.