ChrisL

new fun stuff

Very, very nice. Now keep an eye on it. You know how modern firearms like to "accidentaly" discharge every now and again.

it's no accident some of them are just evil they climb out of thier case load a mag and go do some dammage all on thier own.

Nice looking BTW hurry up and shoot it allready and let us know how the sighting in goes.
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

Very, very nice. Now keep an eye on it. You know how modern firearms like to "accidentaly" discharge every now and again.

it's no accident some of them are just evil they climb out of thier case load a mag and go do some dammage all on thier own.

Nice looking BTW hurry up and shoot it allready and let us know how the sighting in goes.

Sadly it will be a few weeks yet. This beast was NRA rifle of the year in 06. In their testing with match grade ammo it was shooting sub-MOA groups so I'm really
lookin forward to seeing what it can do. :)
__

My mighty steed

DONT FORGET "PROPER BREAKIN"..... I dont know yr expierence
I can remember the first time i took a SpringArmry M1ANatMatch glass bedded out... I was SO damned excited that I remembered breakin right after the first shot and had to hurry about back to the truck and grab my supplies.... Charts were already in place, but wipes, rods and stuff were 500ft away! God I did not want to ruin that barrel!!!! fwiw man...

obtw... That is a SWEEEEEEEEET choice! CONGRATS!

DONT FORGET "PROPER BREAKIN"..... I dont know yr expierence but just want to pass on some sound advice! If you dont know proper break in research it or ASK here.... Some believe in it and some shooters dont..

obtw... That is a SWEEEEEEEEET choice! CONGRATS!

Well thats definitely a much debated issue with lots of folks I really respect telling me that its bullshit.

I'm not experienced enough to have an opinion BUT I figure better to do it and not need to than need to and not do it :)
Following a break in procedure isnt going to hurt it so why not? If it really is a waste of time well no harm was done was it? :-)
__

My mighty steed

I never have broken in any of my rifles (Unless the manufacture has specified anything particular). I've always done a good inspection over all then just shoot normal. I never really do any heave rapid fire that would over heat the barrel any way. I do shoot in all-weather conditions so can be harsh on equipment that way.

New barrels and the metals and chroming they use now days should never give you any real problems. Breaking in like you say is a difference of opinion but each their own.
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

.308 is just the civilian term for the 7.62 nato round correct?

Nope - dimensions are slightly different.

308 Winchester (SAAMI) Gauges Shop (Military) Gauges
GO - 1.6300" GO - 1.6350"
NOGO - 1.6340" NOGO - 1.6405"
FIELD - 1.6380" FIELD - 1.6455"
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

.308 is just the civilian term for the 7.62 nato round correct?

Close but not exactly. You can usually shoot 7.62 ammo in rifles chambered for .308, but not the other way around because the .308 is a slightly higher pressure round and that can potentially screw rifles chambered specifically for the 7.62mm
__

My mighty steed