SpeedRacer

The Whiny Liberals who Founded America, and their Cut & Run, Defeatocrat Foreign Policy

Thus, the 9/11 attacks were simply part of a series of terrorist attacks in response to U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East. The terrorists were essentially telling the United States, “Butt out of the Middle East, stop supporting brutal Middle East dictators, stop the deadly sanctions, stop killing Muslims. Leave us alone.”

spot on, precise and in a nut shell :)
The only thing many people around the world are supprised at is that it took these people so long to strike back at America... 3000 dead on 11/9 is small fry compared to how many innocent people are killed around the world by American foreign policy, so think yourselves lucky you got off so lighty

In their attempt to create a free society, our ancestors recognized a vitally important point – that the main threat to their freedom lay with their own government. They didn’t trust government, not even when such people as George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and James Madison were president. This lack of trust in government was manifested in the Constitution, the document that brought the federal government into existence and that expressly limited that government’s powers to those few that were enumerated in the document.

So true. What gets me is the way proponents of our world-policing policies beat their chests with pride in what we do...while so many of them at the same time admit that their government lies to them. A serious contradiction in ideas.

John Quincy Adams told the Congress that if America ever rejected its limited-government philosophy in foreign affairs and began going abroad “in search of monsters to destroy,” she would become a “dictatress” of the world, which would simultaneously damage the spirit of liberty that accompanies a free society.

Some of the things the founding fathers said back in the day, like this, ring prophetic today. And yet, here we are...

Americans may well come to the realization that John Quincy Adams and our American ancestors were right and that their present-day pro-interventionist successors are wrong. They may choose to restore a republic to our land, thereby returning a sense of balance, harmony, security, and freedom to America. It would be the finest gift that we could ever win for ourselves and bequeath to our progeny.

Good luck with that.

While I admire the writer's optimism, I think he's a bit out of touch. Given most Americans' apathy and lack of social/political consciousness, I don't see this happening in the near future.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

> I'm glad 11/9 happened

I'm glad it happened too. Hedy Lamarr was born November 9th. She was both a pretty famous actress and the inventor of spread spectrum communications. I have a job because of her!

I've never heard of her, so not that famous really

Could just be ignorance raising its ugly head.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.