ryoder

Taser; Canada; You know the rest

Gosh these Canadians are violent

Yes, it's really screwing with my head trying to mesh this with the stereotype we in the US have of Canuckia. I think I need to go back and watch "Canadian Bacon" again.:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Gosh these Canadians are violent

Yes, it's really screwing with my head trying to mesh this with the stereotype we in the US have of Canuckia. I think I need to go back and watch "Canadian Bacon" again.:S

Not sure how much time you have spent up here, but I have spent much time in the US. There is really not that much difference between the macro canadian culture and the macro US culture but city by city we differ from any one of your cities as much as your cities differ from other US cities. Vancouver is much like Seattle, Toronto is apparently a cross between Chicago and Detroit, the Maratimes (Newfoundland, Newf Brunswick, Newfa Scotia..etc) are very much like Boston or New England.

Guns are somewhat less culturally prevalent here but that does not mean that we do not have guns. An interesting point to note is that before the montreal massacre in the 80's we actuall had weaker gun laws than many states.

As for power trippers in uniform, you can find that anywhere.

Watch the stereotyping of us though, lest we get a bad case of small man syndrome and overcompensate.
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.